Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dawson is 7

This week was Dawson's 7th Birthday. He was so excited for this big day. Here was a conversation on the morning of his birthday.
Dawson: Mom was I born yet?

Me: No you were born in the afternoon. Right about now I was in a lot of pain and probably screaming.

Dawson: That's why I'm never having kids.

Me: (Laughing) Well Dawson when you have kids it will be your wife who will be in a lot of pain and screaming.

Dawson: I know but I don't even want to hear all of that.

Parker: I know me either. Poor Dad he had to hear that three times.


Poor Dad? 9 months of pregnancy and hours of labor(with no drugs) and my boys are having sympathy for Dad. Where is the justice in motherhood.


It was a great birthday filled with cake, Chuck E Cheese, and the 15 mile an hour scooter he has been coveting for a while. What more could a kid want. Happy Birthday Dawson. We love you more than you will ever know.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I remember when Dawson was an infant. He was quick to smile and was always nursing. Who knew he would grow up to be the best maid I've ever had!

Unknown said...

hahaha. this is the best story i`ve heard in a long while. i wish i could be around more. i love you all so much!

Madi