Sunday, September 28, 2008

GNO

Every mom has a calendar. My mother was like a super woman. She kept a mental calendar. Never having to write appointments or dates down, she would just remember. She is the type of woman who doesn't need an alarm clock either. She has some kind of super brain power that lets her remember things and wakes her up at the exact time that is needed. I unfortunately didn't inherit that brain power. I have three calendars. One for work that I write down all my lesson plans and work related obligations. One for the family that has every appointment, event, practice, school assignment and Matt's travel schedule. My third calendar is my diabetes calendar that I write down every site change and every sensor restart, every battery charge, when to order pump supplies, when to order prescriptions.

This week my family calendar looked not unlike every other week since school has started. 3 football practices, 1 football game, tennis lessons twice this week, scout pack meetings, dance class, PTA spirit night at a local restaurant, 2 spelling tests, one math test, one American symbols test, Reagan is in charge of bring snack for her preschool class all week, and Matt is out of town Monday through Thursday. There was one event on my calendar for Saturday that made me smile every time I looked at it. Its so fun to leave the kids and husband at home every once and a while and go out with your girlfriends for a good movie, good food, and good gossip. I had a blast. We saw the new Richard Gere movie "Nights in Rodanthe", ate great food (including dessert), and laughed more times than I could count.
Thanks Girls. Lets do it again soon.


No comments: