Thursday, January 29, 2009

Date Night

Last weekend was date night that turned into a family night. When Dawson got home from school last Friday he asked me what we were going to do tonight. I told him it was date night and he was really disappointed. Usually my kids love date night because they get to eat pizza, watch a dvd, and play, all with their favorite babysitter Parker Booren while Matt and I go on a date. Dawson was disappointed because he had planned the "perfect" night for our family. He informed me that we should: go to dinner at Noodles and Company(my kids think they have the best Mac and Cheese), then go Glow Bowling and finally ice cream.
I had to admit that it did sound like a fun night. So with a little convincing from Matt he agreed that we could add few more to "our date".

The lights were off and the pins and bowling balls were glowing, the music was blaring, and we had a blast. Then we all piled into the van to go to McDonalds to get ice cream cones and a hot fudge sundae for me.Although I love date night with my husband I do have to admit that this was a perfect night.(Yes I have my own bowling shoes. No shared foot fungus for me.)

2 comments:

Anna said...

I remember when we bowled on the Fawn Lake Ladies League. What a hoot!! Don't you have your own bowl and a shirt that reads Alley Cats?

I'm glad you had a fun family night!

Anna said...

Good grief I can't spell, Don't you have your own bowling ball?