Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I finally did it!

My sister has a blog, my sister-in-law has a blog, my best friend has a blog, everybody has a blog and now I have a blog. I have to admit that when my sister, Heather, first started her blog I didn't even know what a blog was. I have always loved reading their blogs but I always questioned where they find the time to blog. My excuse when asked why I don't blog was always "I don't have the time." Well like everything else in life you have to make time. It wasn't until 2 weeks ago that I decided that I needed to have a blog for my family. My family recently attended a conference called "Friends for Life" in Orlando, Florida. The conference was organized by Children with Diabetes. Among many things I learned at the conference, I learned that I have a voice and that my voice matters. I am an advocate for my family and all that my family represents...and hence this blog is born.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Way to go Elle!! I will read you everyday and you'll probably get tired of my comments.

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!! I am so excited beyond words. I get to see pics of my babes. I can't believe you just got it all set up so fast. You go girl. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for two comments, I just wanted to say how much I loved your statement about having a voice and that your voice matters. You have always been a person who takes a stance and speaks her voice. I have learned that from you. Remember when you were a junior Republican and worked on campaigns. You have found your voice again and I am so excited. Love you.